I'll try to do better...
Anyways Happy Friday to you all!
Lots of fun things have been happening lately, in no particular order..
- Dave Matthews Band concerts in VB and DC- if you know anything about me, you know that this is the highlight of my summer.
- Work is going well- I fall in love with my job over and over again everyday... well.. maybe that's a bit of a stretch- but I really do enjoy going to work (minus the whole hour commute thing but I wont even get into that)
- I have spent a good amount of time catching up with old friends. and I love this. I'm so fortunate to still be friends with people that I went to elementary school with- not to mention, my bestest friend in the whole universe McKenzie has been coming home more frequently which obviously makes my heart happy. I know she only lives in Fredericksburg but I feel like that's a world away with the chaos I encounter on a daily basis. I have slowly but surely been "cutting the fat" if you will, when it comes to people I surround myself with. In the words of Russell Hammond from Almost Famous, "From here on out I'm only interested in what's real. Real people, real feelings. That's it. That's all I'm interested in." Enough with the pseudo friendships. I have more important things to worry about than the amount of facebook friends I have or the amount of people I say hello to in a bar.
- Jeremy, a very dear friend of mine, was in town from London for literally 48 hours and I was fortunate enough to be able to see him. I just want to go on the record and say that my some of the people I am friends with are simply brilliant. Jeremy is the most wonderful person with the most incredible heart. He has a very infectious energy about him that just makes me want to be a better person and really go after what I want out of life. He really is my own little personal cheerleader, always ready to pick me up, brush me off and send me back out there with a little pep talk. I am so fortunate to have someone like him in my life. On a side note- but still related- we went to dinner last night with another mutual friend of ours Kevin and had the epitome of a perfect evening. We all went to dinner at the restaurant over by the University of Richmond called Azzurros. (If you've never been, I HIGHLY recommend it- it would be a perfect date spot!) After being roughly 15 minutes late, (do you really expect me to be on time?) Jeremy and I walked into this cute little restaurant with the coolest ambiance to be greeted by Kevin and Clairborne. A great evening all around with some of the best Italian food I have ever had, great wine, great stories and great company. I honestly couldn't have hoped for a better evening. Its so great to be able to catch up with people you've maybe not seen in a while and have things feel exactly as they did the last time you saw them.
- Pedicures! I even splurged yesterday and went ahead with the manicure too. It's amazing how the little things can make you feel that much better- not only about your day but about yourself as a whole.
- Tyler and I went to belle isle the other day, and though living in Richmond for the majority of my life I have literally only been there one other time previous to going with Tyler. I'm just not really a "river" kinda gal, I'm more of a "pool, with a float and a book" kinda gal. The whole- water you can't see through, weird feeling allgee on the rocks that you clearly HAVE to touch if you're going to get into the water (and considering its been like 9000 degrees outside you'd be stupid not to get in the water)- just really isn't my cup of tea, BUT I had a great time. The temperature was perfect, the company was great and it was overall a new-ish pretty relaxing experience. Ty told me I needed to "live a little" so I will start by getting in the dirty Richmond river water. (gag- hey, atleast I'm trying) He asked if I wanted to jump off the rope swing- where I immediately gave him one of my famous "are you fucking kidding me- do you know who you're talking to right now" looks and told him not to push his luck. Maybe one day I'll go off the rope swing...but I wouldn't put your lifes savings on it...
Enjoy your weekend everyone!