Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Using Richmond as an Adjective


Happy Tuesday everybody!

So If you know anything about me then you know I talk about Richmond a lot, and today is no differnt, folks. I came across this blog called Dirty Richmond "The city is dirty but the people aren't" This blog was really cool for a couple reasons..
1. It's a blog about all things Richmond Fashion-ish. The creator walks around Richmond snapping pictures of people who epitomize what the fashion scene is like in the river city. I must say some are kinda quirky but hey, isn't that why we all love Richmond? It wouldn't be a day out in the city if you didn't look over to your friend and mumble, at least ONCE, "did you just see that ::insert article of clothing here:: that girl/guy was wearing?" whether it be good or bad.

2. It had some really great interviews with everyone from a foreign exchange student, to a chef in a restaurant, to a guy who started up his own clothing company. The culture in Richmond is fascinating to me.

3. It had 2 of my beautiful sorority sisters and a guy I went to middle school and high school with photographed! Pretty rad stuff.

-sigh- Can you tell I miss Richmond terribly? Unfortunately since the fashion scene HERE is ehm, lacking- everytime I'm in Austin I'm reminded of Richmond. I'll look at something and say to myself "thats so Richmond" and it usually brings a great big smile to my face.


This blog is totally going in my favorites. Immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment